Graduation Spotlight ‘17 – from Mrs. Scott.
I know it is early, but I need to inform you of the expected dress for graduation. Because
we have changed the color of the ladies’ gowns, the dress will be easier to secure.
To participate in the CRHS graduation exercises, seniors will need the following:
1. Black cap and gown – Josten’s distributes these on May 10 th . They are the same gowns you ordered last fall with your senior supplies.
2. A dress or blouse and skirt under the gown. It does not matter the color or pattern on
the dress. However, please be sure it is appropriate for a high school graduation (not floor
length, overly tight, or too revealing). Simply, be sure it follows the school dress code. If you are unable to find a ‘dress’, a simple blouse and skirt is fine.
3. Stockings – We used to ask the ladies to wear skin toned stockings, but with the changes in generation and shoe style, we don’t make this a requirement, but rather, a recommendation. I tell the ladies, I promise you when you walk across the stage, you will look more ‘put-together’ with stockings than a bare leg.
4. Black shoes – Do make sure these are NOT bedroom slippers, sneakers, or flip-flops.
Please remember this is a formal occasion and the shoe design should be dressier than
everyday & definitely NOT clunky beach attire!
1. Black cap and gown - these are distributed by Josten’s on May 10 th . They are the same
gowns you ordered last fall with your senior supplies.
2. White dress collared shirt and red tie - the tie has been ordered by the school & the
student will get his tie on picture day. I recommend a short-sleeved dress shirt.
3. Black or dark pants (no jeans) – the gentleman’s gowns are black and a black dress-pant
looks very nice in pictures!
4. Polished black shoes or dark brown shoes – NO SNEAKERS
5. Black or dark socks
If you are in doubt about an article of clothing, bring it in or take a photo of it; send it to me
to see if it is appropriate. If you are having problems locating the attire needed, please let me know early. We can direct you to stores where seniors have found the attire, or make
arrangements for assistance.
If you have any concerns or questions with regards to graduation, please contact Mrs. Scott at (410) 754-5575 ext 2601